Phils Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

And so the cold sets in...

Well I've been slacking off my bike commuting the past few weeks. Started off with a few days of yucky winter sickness, then some recovery, then I've just been convincing myself I don't really want to ride to work... though more often than not, I really want to ride back home.

Need to get myself over these morning-humps again after such a long time.

It's been almost two weeks since I rode my bike for errands, let alone anything else! Aieeee!

Onto good news, I've received my new bike shoes - which I bought cheaply with the aim that they'll last me through the winter season and nothing else... I'll be fitting cleats to them and hopefully run them on Monday when I intend to climb back on the steel horse.

I've also ordered a new fork for my IRO, as I'm sick of not having a front brake on my fixed gear - and my new commute has a few spots where having that as backup would make life much less complicated/stressful for me (really don't like bombing hills without a brake... especially if I'm commuting and not recreationally riding).

In other news, starting to get pretty damn excited over Christmas in a way... I'm looking forward to a few days off and chance to relax and spend time with the ones I care about. My main goal is to enjoy myself and have a fun, cozy Christmas. I see no reason to get myself all stressed out over it but sometimes it's hard not to get wrapped up in the occasion. How is everyone else handling it?

Hopefully I'll remember to keep updating here, seems I'm awful at updating this thing.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home