Phils Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Anticipation

My daughter has stacks of toys at my house. A lot of which I moved there when I moved out in the separation... which was almost 3 years ago. So needless to say, they're a bit dated.

Although I have got a few new "play" things for her as Christmas gifts, I'm keeping it to the minimum and instead am going to take her out for a full day of fun this coming Saturday. As it's the last time I'll see her before Christmas (unless some arrangements can be made around that) and I think she'll really enjoy the day I have planned out.

First up is Disney on Ice, and it's the Princess show - and she loves the Disney Princesses a lot...

She doesn't know she's going to this, I've just told her about a surprise. After last year when the weather proved too hostile for her to get to Toronto, we missed the princess show and I had to take her to a show in March as an attempt to make it up to her. I felt awful, despite it not being anybodies fault - and so this year I hope it will kickass for her.

A sweetener to this is that my girlfriends niece, Kyla, will be coming too - as the two seem to play well together I think this will make it even more fun.

After that, which we'll be going to at 11, we're then going to get some lunch (entirely open to choice of the day) and then I'll probably take us all to see The Princess Frog. She knows we MAY be going to see this... but the Disney on Ice is the main deal and I'm really excited for it.

It's mega-Disney, but I'm more than happy to indulge for the sake of my daughter. I have little time with her and I hope that she enjoys her day. It's a semi-Christmas, as I'm planning to have a "Christmas" for her on her next visit weekend. I don't believe in having a mock Christmas beforehand, that'd spoil the event I think.

I can't wait to see her and feed off her youthful GO CHRISTMAS energy - I'll be picking her up tomorrow... Watch this space on how things go!

Man I hope she has a good Christmas... last year was harder with me not being able to see her as much, nor could I even talk to her at all - so this year is leaps and bounds ahead - can you tell I'm excited..?! :-) I miss that little girl so much it's near impossible to convey.. Hopefully we'll be able to spend more time together as things are worked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home